Digital Publishing Predictions For 2007
We all know that predictions on the Net are hard to pinpoint, but
taking a stab at what is to be expected in 2007. We comment on the
top 10 as published by Entireweb.
- Content Filtering - Search 2.0 Just as email spam filters
resulted in false positives, expect a few teething problems around
- Personalized Search and Vertical Search - expect Niche portals
with highly filtered content.
- Social Networks extending to Local Webs being separate from
International Webs. And expect family and friends to start on
Mobile Web Structures.
- RSS will continue to grow with more features becoming available
to customise and monetise feeds
- iPod / iPhone / Video iPod / iTunes - expansion of both content
and audio devices.
- Cyber Security and tougher control on website copyright
infringements. Web legislation can be expected to tighten around
journalistic accountability. A clear warning for publishers of
articles from article directories. Personal privacy will continue
- Green Tinting - keeping the environmental friendly theme growing.
- PodSafe Music - improved podcasting quality and permission
by independent artists to podcasters, welcoming the opportunity
to 'test' new music before commercial production and/or release.
- Videocasting - expect video advertising to start creeping in
as peer-to-peer television networks start competing with television
- Online Real Estate - auction sites such as Ebay and New Zealand's
Trade Me have both successfully expanded into property sales.
Back To Top
Publishing Index | Market
Research | Self Publishing | On
Demand Publishing | Comparing
POD Models | Book Components | Book
Format | Completion Tips
| Proofreading and Editing | Professional
Services | Preparing For Printing
| Marketing & Sales | On-Demand
Publishers | Self Publishers |
PLR Tactics | EPublishing
Tools | RSS | Webmaster
Tools | Article Directories | Website
Publishing | Google Updates