Creating A Book Cover Graphic For Online
Create eBook Cover
Keep your book cover design simple. Complex graphics are overated,
and make reducing to smaller images more complex.
As a guide, use a 3-colour page with
- Book Title
- Authors name
- Photo or simple image
Create Smaller Version of the Book Cover
Use the same graphic as you did for the book cover, reducing it
to 500 pixels wide and 650 high.
Adjust any elements to provide a clearer image at this smaller
Create the Book Spine
- Create an image background 50x650 pixels
- Create an image to match your book cover in color and style.
- Add the name of the book vertically on the spine
- Add the authors name vertically at the bottom
- Save your image and then use it for the side image of your book
You can use any graphics program to develop the cover graphic,
merging graphics into 3D angle wraps, or use an ebook cover software
package, such as Box Shot 3D [around $50].
Render the Image at higher resolution first, then reduce as needed
for web graphics.
Your Ebook For Publishing
Back To Top
Ebooks Index | Planning
| Ebook Formats |
Copy Format | Publishing
| Create Ebooks | Ebook
Covers | Selling Your Ebook | Sales
Channels | Ebook Marketing | Press
Release | Ebook DRM | EPUB
| Ebook Stats