Protecting Your HTML Page Content
Whilst there are a number of HTML Text Protection
and Image Protection scripts on the market, many
of which are freeware, there is really no real way to protect your
HTML script from being copied.
- The codes above do scare off the newbies, with messages saying
that this page is protected.
- View Source right click options may be disabled, but the viewer
can still go to the menu toolbar to select this option
- Those protection scripts that use java to make your code meaningless
jibber, also mean that many user-agents such as Google Bots cannot
read it either.
As an example of how to overcome HTML Protection
Overcoming HTML Protection Using IE5.x
- Save the entire webpage to your disk.
- Left click on a graphic > hold down the mouse button >
drag image up to the address bar.
- This will open the graphic in a new window, without the right
Overcoming HTML Protection Using Netscape
- Netscape also has a "view source" option in the VIEW
menu, under page source [CTRL-U ]
End story is that whilst there are several variations of protection,
essentially, each one of the proposed no right-click solutions is
meaningless. Nothing can be hidden and nothing can be protected
using these types of html protection scripts.
Website Tools Index | Favicon
| Code Protection | PHP
Redirects | Google Analytics | CP