The Digital Millennium Copyright Act
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act aims to support copyright
holders and the general public access to copyrighted materials via
Key Aims of the Act:
- Mandates protection of copyrighted works in digital realms.
- Prohibits the circumvention of technological devices designed
to protect copyrighted works.
- Provides for penalties for criminal infringement of digital
- Protects service providers from liability in the transmission
of copyrighted and/or infringed materials.
- Includes a licensing and royalty scheme for the transmission
of copyrighted music over the Internet.
Provided by Copyright
Back To Top
Please note that these articles about Copyright are informational only. Please
consult your legal advisor.