Using Articles to Sell Products Online
Articles are a great way to promote your favor product or affiliate
program. You do however need to be careful not to sell directly
in the article or add a direct affiliate link in the resource box.
Work on promoting a list at YOUR site which you then use to promote
your affiliate links to over and over in regular ezines and posts
Heres a simple system to use articles to sell afffilate products
- Select the Product - this method works for
all types of products
- Define your strategy to provide useful, but incomplete
information. This leaves the reader wanting to know more.
You can use this approach to sell books, products, reports, ecourses
etc. You need to include the offer to find out more in your resource
box - not the article.
- Create a Tutorial Type Title - such as "How
To...." or " 5 Powerful Ways to..." or "The
Secret of....." etc. The title should reflect an idea, method,
tip, step-by-step or strategy worth sharing. This is the foundation
of your offer
- Write your article. Write 1-2 short paragraphs
for each of your points. Make it good quality information, not
the empty articles that scream advertising in many directories.
- A tutorial step by step lesson
- Provide a valuable tip that makes the product work better
- Rework a chapter or two from your book and refer to the
source in your article
- Cover the basics of something, then in the resource box
add how to get more advanced knowledge.
- How to profit from using or learning something, then where
to get it in the resource box
- Proof Edit - Make sure your article is well
written, is persuasive in developing its value, adds proof to
your heading, and promotes your offer.
- Submit - to 5-6 article directories, announcement
lists and ezine directories. Then publish it to your own newsletter.
If you publish it on your site, rewrite it slightly to prevent
duplicate content trigger.
Remember, the aim of your article or blog is to presell the reader
on the idea that they are going to need your offer. If you don't
provide them with quality information they will not develop a quality
perception towards your product offering.
Back To Top
Internet Marketing Index | Quick
IM Guide | PPC | IM
Gurus | Social Marketing
| Co-Registration | Affiliate
Marketing | Email Campaigns | Article
Marketing | IM Updates