Video Production Equipment
When I wanted to know what video equipment to use online I didn't
go into the local video camera store or photo equipment store -
I searched out the best on the web - those who knew how to use video
equipment in the online medium.
For example - heres a quick video on the video equipment Dave uses
to make his lessons.
- Computing Resources
- Mac - iMac, Final Cut Video Editing Software and Screenflow
- PC - Gaming PC, Sony Vegas video editing software and Camtasia
- Video Camera - Canon Vixia HF S10, Canon Rebel
T2i [more of a pro camera]
- Video Lights - Tungsten Softbox - produce consistently
good light. Hallogen. Portable LED lights are not so good with
color, but are very flexibile, put out no heat, and run on batteries
for mobile shoots. Also uses fluorescent lights in a homemade
- Video Recording Microphones - Sennheiser EW
100 Wireless for on-screen.
- Audio on a computer - MXL 007 USB Condenser
Microphone or Audio Technica AT 3035 xlr condenser mike [needs
- Video Hosting - BitGravity - content network
built specifically for video sharing sites. Starting out consider
Amazon S3 Cloud Front.
- Web Hosting - Liquid Web.
TIP: If you put your video on your website server it can slow down
the whole server, so put videos on a different location. Even start
out using YouTube if you have to.
You can get more great hints on web video production from Dave
Kiminsky at webvideouniversity.com
Hosting Site Directory
Back To Top