Preliminary Niche Competitive Analysis
- Identify Niche Competition. The more high quality competitors.
You can define exactly what you want your Search Engine to return
using keyword:yourkeyword. Leave NO SPACE after the colon. This
will give you a number of result lists of sites and blogs using
- Use Google Advanced Search to give AllInTitle. AllInURL, AllInAnchor
Results. The lower the number of AllInTitle results, the less
competitive the niche
- allintitle: ONLY Results that have the
keywords in the page title
- aillinURL: ONLY Results that have ALL the
keywords in the URL
- link: Shows links to specified webpage
- related:Shows pages that are similar
- Check each sites Metatags, Keywords Used & Content Relevancy.
A fantastic FREE tool for viewing the relevancy of competitor
sites and their use of metatags and keywords.
- Check Google Page Rank Data - Top 1, 2, 3 and 10 ranked web
- Check Alexa Position -
Load Alexa Toolbar
- To analyse keywords on specific pages - use this free
online keyword analysis tool from one of my favourite sites
- Webmaster Toolkit
- Build an Analysis Grid - Once you have your keywords, and competitor
lists, check out the top competing sites. Look for:
- General site design and content
- Alexa Ranking and Traffic
- Check Other sites linking to them - Use your Alexa Tool
Bar information box.
- Meta Data - what page titles, keywords and descriptions
- Subscribe to their Newsletter - see how they are communicating
with their market.
- Read through their press releases - get an idea of how they
have developed their company and products.
- Consider signing up for their affiliate program. If you
are really sneaky, selling someone elses product first may
give you more insight into how to develop a better version.
Give each site a total overall score. You may be pleasantly surprised
and find that although there appears to be a lot of competition,
many sites are poor quality and could be easily usurped.
Top Tools the Professionals Use
Niche Keyword Analysis Tools
NEXT: Analyse Customer Behaviour
Back to Top
Keyword Index | Personal
Analysis | Niche Analysis | Buying
Keywords | Profit Analysis | Competitor
Analysis | Customer Analysis | Analytics
Resources | Glossary